Microsoft Power BI is the primary Business Intelligence tool for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. It provides rich interactive dashboards, reports, drill-downs, and offers various filter options.
Power BI is a suite of business analytics tools that lets users analyze data and share insights. This tool is also robust and enterprise-grade, ready for extensive modeling and real-time analytics, as well as custom development. Power BI provides users and business analysts a great platform to create their own analytical reports, modify, or tweak the existing ones as per their requirement. The integration between Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations and PowerBI give users the capability to personalize workspaces with tiles from PowerBI.com and they can also add links to the reports hosted in PowerBI.com. This helps users to access the PowerBI reports directly from Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
1. The Developer or the Technical Consultant must have Administrator rights on Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations and Visual Studio.
2. The Developer must have a login created in PowerBI.com.
3. The Developer must have the Power BI desktop installed on their desktop. Also, be sure to use the same login that is used for PowerBI.com service.
To integrate Microsoft PowerBI with Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, we must complete these two stages:
1. Connect PowerBI.com and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
2. Connect PowerBI desktop and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations database.
Now we will go through the step-by-step process for each of the above-mentioned stages.
1. Connect PowerBI.com and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
In PowerBI.com service we need to register our system:
- Login to https://dev.powerbi.com/apps with your credentials.
- Register your application in PowerBI.